OKTA can be configured to synchronize your user database with CultureAI, allowing seamless integration and authentication.
This guide covers the setup process, however if you need support or have specific requirements please get in touch.
The following features are supported:
- Push new users
- New users created in OKTA will automatically be created in the CultureAI platform, allowing immediate provisioning into your security culture program.
- Push profile updates
- Updates to users' profiles made in OKTA will be automatically synchronized and updated, ensuring that we are always using the most up to date information.
- Push user deactivation
- If users are deactivated or disabled in OKTA this will be replicated across to Culture AI, disabling their profile. Any associated progress will be saved, allowing for reactivation at a later date.
- Push user reactivation
- Reactivated users will be re-enabled in the platform and their progress restored allowing them to continue from where they left off.
- Push Groups
- Groups and associated user memberships can be pushed to the CultureAI platform which can be used within the Analytics platform and for further granular analysis.
Before you get started, please reach out to the CultureAI team and let us know so we can support you through the process and ensure you have the right information to hand.
Step 1. Setup your account for OKTA
Contact the CultureAI operations team and let us know you'd like to get OKTA up and running.
We will provide you with a token which you enter into OKTA as part of the provisioning process as well as provide any needed support during configuration.
Step 2. Enable SCIM API integration in OKTA
1. Login to OKTA and add the CultureAI application.
2. Under provisioning select 'Configure API integration':
3. Enter the token provided by CultureAI (Setup - Step 1) and click save.
4. Click Edit and enable synchronization of users, attributes and deactivate users:
5. Configure any groups and memberships you wish to specifically push to CultureAI, note that this does not push users only membership information which is useful for filtering.
Step 3. Assign users to the CultureAI application in OKTA
You can assign specific users or groups to the application, restricting what information is synchronized. This can be useful during testing or where you have specific subsets of users who you want to be on boarded.
For most organisations you are likely to want to synchronize all users. This can be done through the assignments tab, assign to groups:
Then select the 'Everyone' group or groups you wish to synchronise:
Step 4. Complete Configuration
Everything is now setup and users should be synchronising and you can confirm this by logging into the CultureAI Platform and looking under "Organisation Administration", "Access Management", "User List" where newly synchronised users should be visible.
- If you have any problems, please reach out to the CultureAI team who would be happy to assist.
- Deactivated users data is retained to allow reactivation at a later date, if you would like this permanently deleted then please let us know.